Since my recent message about the bad advice about credit and debt that is keeping you stuck and my request for your stories, I am seeing some common themes emerge.
You are afraid to use credit and debt. You don’t trust yourself to use it wisely. And you don’t trust others to make good choices with it.
This fear causes contraction and, in many cases, is keeping you from accessing the resources you need to live the life you are truly here to live.
There are 5 main fear archetypes I am seeing.
1. You have made poor choices with money, specifically the use of credit, in the past and you are sure that you will do it again;
2. You have protected your credit score for years and you are afraid that if you do use credit and debt, you’ll make poor choices that put this sign of your “goodness” at risk.
3. I’m also seeing some who have not even dared get near it, don’t even know if they have a credit score and have decided that the financial system generally is an evil best avoided.
4. On the flip side, and the least vocal, are those who have leveraged credit and debt successfully to build companies and lives, but may secretly feel some shame that they couldn’t do it without taking on debt.
5. Last, and in the smallest group, are those who know they want to use credit and debt wisely, but don’t even know where to begin.
The rational fear underlying all of these is that you want to make sure you do it right. This is your business. Your life. Your and your family’s well being.
That’s exactly why it’s time to open your eyes, get educated about the effective and responsible use of debt, and make the best choice for you.
Which of these 5 archetype groups do you find yourself in?
Send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know. And if you have not already told me your credit and debt story and what you would do with $50k loaned to you at zero percent interest for a year, please share that in your reply too.
I’ll be back with 4 questions that will liberate you from your fear around credit and debt and guide you to your next steps.
With love and beyond,