This isn't something I teach much on these days, even though it's been a key component of our business success (because I've been so focused on teaching you the Money Map and LIFT topics that no one else covers).
But you clearly want this and we've gotten loads of feedback that says you love what we've got to say about it — and that you have a way better understanding of what other folks out there seem to be hiding the ball about.
On our recent free call, “How to make $117,000 in 67 Minutes… Starting From Scratch… With Just What You Already Know How to Do Best!” (listen to it here) I shared the story of my first failed product launch and how I invested $15,000 in creating her product just to sell about 2 at $397. A very bad ROI.
Then, through a series of twists and turns, I met a man named Dave Dee who I paid $30,000 (you've got to listen to the audio for the whole story of how Alexis met Dave — it's worth hearing) to teach me everything I know about launching products online.
Dave held my hand through the process of doing my first real online product launch and we sold $117,000 of my 2nd product (which wasn't even finished!) in just 67 minutes.
I went on to sell more than $200,000 of that product within 6 weeks and it became the foundation of a multi-million dollar business.
The story itself was great (listen to it here).
Here is a summary of the other important points I covered on the call …
First – here are the Product/Program Launch mistakes you want to avoid:
Mistake #1. Spending thousands of dollars (even 5 figures) creating your first product & trying to sell it, and making nothing back.
How to fix it:
- Don't complete your product before you sell it.
- Sell your product, then finish it (so you're actually getting paid to create the content).
- Create the sales process first actually tells you exactly what the content needs to be.
- If you make it first, then sell it, you lose out on that process + there's no guarantee your marketplace will want it. Instead, sell it, then finish it. Then you'll deliver it live the first time, record it all, then sell it again at a higher price.
Mistake #2. Paying for advertising that goes to your sales page (or asking JV partners or friends to mail to your sales page) – it doesn't result in any purchases, and you just lost that money.
How to fix it:
- Host a free teleseminar.
- Invite people to it via an email campaign (you can start small with your own network, or online forums/social media).
- Send invitees to register on an opt-in page for the call (so you are building a list).
- Learn how to deliver a call script that converts sales (we have a bonus gift to help you with that, read to the end for more).
- Then once you have a product that converts on a teleseminar, approach JVs who are at your level and do cross-promotions to mutually build your lists & sales revenue.
Mistake #3. Marketing your product & not knowing how to speak to people about it, which results in them either not showing up for your sales call or not buying when they do.
How to fix it:
- First you have to know what moves people to buy – their pain, and their desires.
- Find out what those are, from their point of view, and craft your message around them.
- Then, invest in Lisa Sasevich's 6-figure Teleseminar Secrets Program with the link I'll give you below (it'll help you craft the entire campaign sequence to get highest attendance & conversion rates for your sales call), and we'll also give you a bonus gift of two proven 6-figure teleseminar scripts you can model (details below).
- Or, apply for our Launch Done For You service & we'll take all of the guesswork out and eliminate your learning curve. (You'll learn from our success, not from your mistakes.)
Mistake #4. Investing thousands of dollars in a video launch because it's what the big guys are doing – but then it doesn't work, and you've lost all that time and money.
How to fix it:
- Start small. None of those big names did a video launch their first time out of the gate.
- First, refine your ability to sell during teleseminars.
- Then work your way up once the money starts flowing in.
- You'll notice that I've made millions on product sales, and I'm still not doing video launches. And, if you are paying close attention, you'll see that all the big gurus using video launches are still including a teleseminar, webinar or both to close the sales.
Second – here are our top Product Launch tips for ya:
Tip #1. How to launch within 8 weeks, even if you have no list at all (before Alexis' $117,000 launch, she didn't even have a database).
- Step 1: pick your launch date.
- Step 2: systematically move forward getting everything ready for launch, either by following Lisa Sasevich's step by step 6-Figure Teleseminar Secrets program (link below) OR by having us do it for you.
- Step 3: do not skip any of the launch steps or try to take shortcuts.
Tip #2. The key to creating a product, program or course that practically SELLS ITSELF!
- See Mistake #1 above.
- You create all of the sales materials for the course, product or program FIRST and only complete it once you know what your marketplace wants you to deliver.
Tip #3. The one thing NO ONE IS TELLING YOU about product launches that could get you so discouraged that you throw in the towel before the game even really gets going.
- They're a LOT of freakin work. They can cause total adrenal burnout!
- There are so many details to handle, so many tweaky little things to go wrong, so many risks and on top of it all you've got to step into the spotlight and deliver.
- Most importantly, you've got to keep your energy up throughout because that's what's going to sell your product and deliver something amazing.
- We can make it easier. If you're the right candidate to get your launch done for you, Alexis will personally interview you & have our team handle all the nitty gritty. Plus you'll learn how to replicate the process next time. Much easier!
Tip #4. In a nutshell – a SIMPLE three-step formula for having a real deal information products business that takes all the head-scratching out of how to turn a product into an action business … and makes it easy.
- Step 1: Sell first version as a beta before it's complete. Discount pricing because it's the beta version.
- Step 2: Use the recordings from the beta version to sell beta 2.0 and deliver live Q&A to go along with the original program call recordings. Improve your sales and marketing and upgrade your handouts.
- Step 3: Take all the feedback from the first two versions and deliver the program all live, marketing it as the last time the program will ever be offered live — at full price.
- Now, you've got a robust home study course that can become the foundation of a solid business model.
Third – here's where you can get help:
- If you want to learn the step by step 6 Figure Teleseminar formula we recommend, in a simple way that you can do yourself, Lisa's program is the one for you. Buy with this link (it's our affiliate link) and we will throw in two of Alexis' proven 6 Figure Sales Script Templates for you to model: www.eyeswideopenlife.com/blog/lisa (email your receipt to email@example.com to get your bonus Scripts)
- If you want our help in the future with knowing who your audience is or critiquing your sales page, get on the wait list for our small group programs, coming soon
- If your gut says “I want Alexis & her team to do this for me,” apply now: www.eyeswideopenlife.com/productlaunch. There is a $2500 application deposit (refunded if your application is not approved, minus $250 application fee to pay for the time we'll spend consulting with you to determine if it's a good fit, which will be a tremendous value in and of itself) – the deposit link will be on the page that opens after you fill out the application form. Launch Done For You Investment = healthy 5 figure minimum depending on package level chosen. You'll get a team working on your campaign that you'd have to make a 6-figure per year investment to hire on if you were to hire just one member of the team on salary. It'll be totally worth it if you are serious about making your program, course or product the foundation of your business. Only apply if you have the financial resources to move forward, if you are accepted.
Please click on the comments below, tell me what your big AHAs are from this article, and ask any questions that you have!